Friday, December 18, 2009
The message in this December BLOG is: 'Complete what you started and finish like a champion'. The key word is to finish. I know how creative and innovative you are so that's not the issue, the key is to get out there and make it happen. I have been working with several entrepreneurs over the past few weeks in helping them launch their new business idea and ignite them to action. My goal with every entrepreneur that I interface with is to ignite their passion and help them realize their idea and their potential. To many of us have these glorious ideas and ambitions on how they are going to improve their own lives and the lives of others. From the thousands of people that I interact with every year only a small percentage takes action and applies effort in moving themselves forward. It's not about how great you are, its about how great you want to be.
I find that 50% of the battle is just getting started and building momentum. In addition to launching our second BIG THINK event, I delivered several Branding Boot Camps and Key notes throughout Ontario. I had the pleasure of working with one of the world's top pharmaceutical companies in getting more innovative. My new workshop titled GET INNOVATIVE is designed to help teams extract their full creative potential. This was a great team full of inspired energy and enthusiasm. Part one of my presentation focused on their inner creativity and opened up the right side of their brain. As we headed in the remaining parts of the workshop, they were inspired to take action. The core areas of my GET INNOVATIVE message centred around the need to cultivate an innovate culture. It all starts with each individual making a commitment to becoming an outstanding person. Innovation is inspired by ambition and is fueled by optimism.
I published a recent article on the need for simplicity in relaunching your brand to the market place, I call it Flash Back to Basics:
As we approach 2010 there is a need to simplify and clarify your brand message as a means of cutting through the noise. Recent consumer polls are indicating a need for nostalgia and simplicity. So as a master in your field, this is a great time to streamline and re-introduce your brand to your customers with ultimate clarity. The following steps are designed to help guide you in crystallizing your brand:
A: Think like a consumer
B: Use a connector
C: Less is more
A: Think like a consumer:
You may think you know what you sell or what your brand stands for. However, it is what your customers think that it is that matters! Do a quick survey with your top 10 clients and ask them what they think your brand stands for and how they perceive you. It is essential that you have a clear understanding of that it is that you sell. That may sound strange however, too many businesses get too caught up in marketing hype that the message they send out have little relevance with the core service product offering. What you must convey is; your product or service; what it does and more importantly, what consumers experience with it.
B: Use a connector
An effective way to connect your customer to your brand is with the use of a connector, or theme. Think of the PC-MAC commercials that have aired for the past 5 years. The use of people to represent their respective brands is genius. Add to that the use of humour and it engages the emotional and intuitive aspects of our brain and that's a powerful combination! The message and strategy is crystal clear; MACs are cool and easy; PCs are not, and if you buy a MAC you will be just as cool. Try using a connector that engages people while connecting the essence of your brand. Ensure you don't get too abstract with the theme selection. The whole point of the connector is to bridge your brand with your customers' needs.
C: Less is more
The previous example of the PC-MAC commercials is valid in this last principle, that less is more. Try and avoid over stating your promise. It is too easy to get lost in long-winded mission statements and marketing copy when all you need is a simple and straight forward statement. Some of my favorites are:
[NIKE] The 'JUST DO IT' campaign invokes a strong sense of action.
[CARNIVAL] Their new 'FUN FOR ALL' campaign captures the experience really well.
If you attempt to connect your marketing with just your customer's minds, you may be viewed as a commodity. As you re-introduce your brand use simplicity to connect your customers hearts and you will win them for a lifetime.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Again, kudos to the entire community at Elliot Lake and a special thank you to the Elliot Lake District Chamber of Commerce.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
I had an opportunity to speak to a cast of exciting people in Sudbury this past week. The event was hosted by the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commence. Some delegates drove over 3 hours to hear me speak. I applaud the efforts of Debbi and Erin of the Chamber of Commerce in putting on this event. Sure, their expectations I'm sure were for larger numbers, they even contemplated cancelling the event several times, and actually cancelled a week before only to put it back on after I encouraged them to do so. What a sad time it would have been for the 30 - 40 delegates that did attend. These individuals are committed to their success, to learning new tools that will help them thrive in this new market place. These delegates were inspired to action, many of them stated this was the best seminar they ever attended. For some, it is life altering, the ignition they needed to thrust them into creative action. It makes no difference to me if there are 40 or 400 people attending my Branding Boot Camp. What matters most is that they are present and ready to inspire to action. I give them my all and they give it right back to me. It is a truly outstanding experience. The feedback that I have received from several delegates is outstanding and I hope to remain a part of their success and their creative journey.
At the start of the month, I had the pleasure of spending 2 hours with Judy Marsales Real estate. Over 40 of their top sales team attended my talk. My focus, help them uncover their inner creative genius, do things differently, stand out and create their opportunities. This sales team was on fire, inspired to action and ready to rise to the challenge. Judy Marsales is an outstanding leader and has created a significant brand within the real-estate market. She has had to reinvent herself several times and clearly understands you need to drive the change and not wait for the change. This is a true sign of a leader and one that takes action.
I am preparing for numerous talks and Boot Camps coming up this fall. I am very pleased to have been secured to speak to the Black River Matheson Chamber of Commerce at a Boot Camp and awards night in October. They are located just 40 minutes from Timmins and I have been collaborating closely with their leader, Diane and thanks to the funding by KDCDC.
I have been diligently preparing a new fresh presentation on the Laws of Innovation. The focus is to help entrepreneurs and companies remain innovative even in these tough times. It is essential that you remain innovative and continue to explore new and exciting ways to get the best out of your team. They need to stay inspired and think creatively. This presentation will be revealed in November at a talk in Toronto. I will introduce portions of this presentation next week in Victoria BC to the Canadian Chambers of Commerce. I look forward to the excitement and the amazing opportunities that await me and my audiences.
Until then, make today and everyday likes it your last day. Inspire to Action.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Trevor Rudd and I will be posting links to files and notes over the next few days so stay tuned for access to these files. In the meantime, please feel free to add comments to this BLOG as a means of connecting with one another. We focused today on the power of BLOGGING, using Blogger.com, as well as creating your YOUTUBE channel, using Twitter to connect the social media elements. We spent time on LinkedIN and how to dig deeper into this amazing business tool.
We presented a series of tips and principles: Some of our top tips are:
1. Get Started and don't wait.
2. Select just a couple of tools, for now, create your Twitter Account, this will only take you 2 minutes. Then spend more time creating your LinkedIN account. Start inviting people to join your network and ask for recommendations so you can start building a solid brand on line.
3. Take breaks and schedule your social media time, ie. 20 minutes a day.
4. Start joining some groups, go where the conversation is and get involved.
5. Be a giver and send tips on a regular basis for your area of expertise.
6. Encourage your membership to use only Social Media sites that you have designated for publishing news and events. Encourage these users to use these tools instead of emailing, this will increase collaboration.
7. Look at connecting all of your social media sites, this is referred to as convergence. For example, if you create a Google Account, you can then connect your Twitter and YouTube accounts. So if you upload a video on YouTube like the one you see here, it automatically updates your Twitter status, very cool.
For more information and notes from Trevor Rudd, please visit www.jobquirk.com to access Trevors notes.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I just returned from being WIRED in WHITBY. I love this crowd, I love the intersection with Whitby, every time I leave this venue, I get more inspired to reach a new level. This was a diverse crowd, fully engaged, wide awake with new ideas and new possibilities for their brand. So to recap, we focused on the creative laws to help you build your brand, now that you have that in the works, you will be able to start focusing on building your new brand image on the web. I recommended the use of 3-4 social media tools:
1. FaceBook for business
3. YouTUBE for video uploads
So the following are some of the major tips that I wanted to leave you with today:
1. Use the right tools for you.
2. Take breaks, set a schedule for updating your social media tools, ie. 3 times a week.
3. Allocate 20 minutes to do this, schedule it in.
4. Form Alliances and Look for ways to collaborate on line. ie. Groups that you should join.
5. Help others by spreading the word. For example, at the Whitby Boot Camp, I spent some time with Ken, 'The Real estate Research Guru' New, AKA Ken the New Guru! Ken is with Re max and he can be reached at email@example.com he is outstanding as a result of his unique approach to research.
6. Cross Pollinate
7. Provide Value
8. Use a daily BLOG to enter information that is valuable to your audience.
9. Do a weekly video tip and upload that to your YOUTUBE channel.
10. Look for innovative ways to connect with the masses online.
11. Integrate areas on your website dedicated to allowing people to share opinions and insights.
12. Discover where your target audience is hanging out online and join them.
13. Build a business profile on your Facebook and link your suppliers, friends and associates.
14. Build in a social media mix into your marketing plan by stepping back and strategically assigning resources to this initiative.
Most importantly, Web 2.0 is about a 2 way communication. So Sheppard your brand online by actively listening to and participating in the conversation.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
- What are you recognized for? What makes you Innovative?
- What is your largest barrier to Innovation?
- What is unique that you need to cultivate within your organization?
- What is your passion and your purpose?
- What are your top expected outcomes?
- What one thing could you do that would bring you to your next level of greatness?
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
What a way to start my morning, a 6:00am jog around the block, a quick work out followed by an energizing smoothie! Why do I do this? To get into the zone, to creatively inspire a cast of entrepreneurs in Burlington today. I need to give them my all, and that requires creativity and inspiration. I was so impressed with this group today, thank you all for attending, I hope you got as much out of this session as I did!
I admire these entrepreneurs that take the time to invest in themseleves. You all worked well as a team and collaborated with a common goal in helping one another. I want to leave you with some tips for moving your personal brand and marketing plan development further:
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
One of my favorite Branding Boot Camps would have been in Whitby Ontario last year. The event was very well run in their Dinner theatre and the vibe/energy in the room was absolutely outstanding. All of the details including the registration and the organization was outstanding. So, on June 23, 2009, I am returning to Whitby to deliver a morning High Energy style Branding Boot Camp. In this high-energy session, I will be:
- Concentrating on how to develop a vision for your brand
- How to brand yourself with the use of social media tools like YouTube
- How to use unconventional marketing strategies to differentiate yourself from the competition
- How to ZIG when everyone else ZAGS
In addition, I will be focusing on how to apply my creative laws to engage and excite your clients and your prospects. So, don't miss out on a chance to get inspired to action on June 23. Connect with your Whitby Chamber of Commerce and tell them to reserve your HOT SEAT.
See you soon.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Several things attracted me to volunteer my services as MC for this unique event:
- The opening performer to sing the national anthem, a seventeen year old girl Samantha Mutus who was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome at age 4. Despite her disorder, Samanatha has gone on to perform at major events and made it through the first round of Canadian Idol.
- The tremendous efforts on the part of Universal Energies President and event organizer, Ginny.
- The opportunity to help spread Jack's inspiring message to the attendees and be a part of this exciting and inspiring day.
If you want to be a part of this event, please feel free to visit: http://www.universalenergieseventplanning.com/
Friday, April 17, 2009
Conditioning Your Mind, Building Momentum and Living Life with Passion are directly connected to the personal aspects of your life. To get from where you are to where you want to be, you must integrate these Creative Laws on a daily basis, only then can you start to creatively transform your life for positive change.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I had the pleasure of being a part of a great event, The BIG THINK. Our team really pulled it off, kudos to the Redchair team and our sponsors. The planning, the execution and the key note speaking was spot on! March 27 and 28 will go down in history as a pivotal point in many of the attendees lives. Our goal was to inspire them to action and educate them on thriving in 2009. I arrived at King Bridge Centre exhausted and exhilarated from my previous key note in Toronto on March 26 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I was mentally and physically prepared to creatively inspire over the next 2 days. My team was focused and did a masterful job at setting up for the event the Thursday evening. Friday morning arrived at 5:00am, Emily and I started the day with a jog around their indoor running track. My blood was pumping and visions of an excited and inspired audience danced around my mind as I completed my 5th lap. The guests started arriving at 8:30 and I was on at 10:00am after being introduced my Adam Shields of the Business Link. From 10:00 - 12:00 I focused on creatively inspiring my audience with my ten laws of creative excellence. I will take a moment to summarize my laws here:
- Uncover your natural ability, we all have a core genius inside of us, put on this earth for a reason, uncover your inner genius and align all of your actions into doing what you should be doing.
- Condition your mind, once you start to understand that what you know has greater impact than what you have been taught in the past, you will start to attract the things you want most. The brain processes over 4 billion thoughts a day, your mind can only process 2,000 of them, so start to recondition your subconscious mind to focus on what you want most.
- Create your own opportunities, don't wait for the opportunities to find you, go after them, align your actions with the things you want to create and start creating them now. This is your time, get excited and inspire others around you, focus on creating your life rather than defining your past life. Today is a whole new day, so start now.
- Employ visualization and affirmations, a great way to shift your creative energy is to start focusing on what you are most grateful for. As you start to manifest the things you are focused on, be grateful for receiving it. Use the power of affirmations on a daily basis and focus on the end result.
- Develop your personal brand, focus on developing your own personal brand, what do you want people to feel about you? What are the characteristics and emotions that you want to leave people with?
- Build momentum, the key to kick start anything is to kick start it! Don't get caught up in over analyzing everything. Avoid letting yourself get in the way. Declare your intention and go after it, build momentum and get others around you engaged.
- Collaborate and attract, you don't have to do it all on your own, use the power of collaboration to become even better than you currently are. Surround yourself with positive, creative and inspiring people.
- Differentiate, when everyone else ZIGS this is the time for you to ZAG. Do whatever it takes to stand out, don't conform, re think everything, challenge opportunities. Be remembered as an individual or business that stands out. Focus on standing out and building awareness.
- Become a master presenter, you have the power to engage and motivate your audience. Be present and focus on inspiring them to action. Your words have the power to transform so make every conversation meaningful and make it matter.
- Live life with passion, you have one life to live, so start living it with passion and enthusiasm. Achieve balance in all aspects of your life, focus on you and what you want most.
“Gerry Visca is well known as an emerging creative speaker that helps people and businesses raise their level of creativity. We are so pleased to have had him as our key note speaker.”
Sheldon Leiba, President/CEO, Mississauga Board of Trade
“Anyone in Gerry’s session is going to walk away with a higher level of confidence in their own capabilities. Gerry get’s people to think about what their raw talents are. Gerry get you to ‘actionize’ on our unique talents and untapped opportunities”
Ellen McGregor, 2009 Chair Mississauga Board of Trade
“Energy is the corner stone of every presenter and the Mississauga audience got their money’s worth with Gerry Visca”
David Wojcik, TV Producer, Business in Motion
“Gerry Visca is so full of energy and great at waking and energizing his audience. I’ve never seen a speaker inspire an audience like Gerry Visca”
Soniya Ojha, Mississauga Board of Trade
“Gerry doesn’t worry about thinking inside or outside a box, there is no box with this guy! He knows how to awaken your inner passion”
Marie Fitzpatrick-Hall, City of Mississauga
Gerry Visca is an incredible motivator and genuine leader. He has the ability to inspire others and is an amazing networker. He strives on bringing others together and does very well at establishing connections. At the Big Think Event Gerry spoke to his audience with great ease and kept us all on our toes. I will definitely attend more of his events in the future!
Miranda McKenna, Real Estate Sales Representative Royal LePage Estate Realty Brokerage 2
Monday, March 23, 2009
An exciting week, as all around us the world continues to be shocked, events collapse yet my team and I along with Mike Lipkin continued on with our pursuit to creatively inspire 1 million people. For the past 3 months, I have worked 11 hour days to ensure our BIG THINK event is on. I am so pleased to announce that it is! For 2 days, Mar 27 and 28, along with my partners, stellar sponsors and Mike Lipkin, we will be focusing all of our energy over 2 days by inspiring between 75 and 100 BIG THINKERS. I am personally delivering 2 key notes at the BIG THINK, one focused on the Power of being a Master Presenter and a second focused on the magnificence of Getting Creative and unleashing your core genius.
Check out the program for Istanbul at: http://www.imiconferences.com.tr/innovation/index.php?content=overview
This is a busy week, prior to the BIG THINK on Friday, I will be delivering a luncheon key note in Toronto on Thursday March 26 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to the Canadian Special Events Magazine. I will be creatively inspiring 150 delegates from the tourism and hospitality industry to GET CREATIVE.
I recently received exciting news on 2 major key note presentations, thanks to my agency, The National Speakers Bureau. One is at the end of April to the Ontario Career Colleges, I have the esteem pleasure of working with this group in helping Ontario Career Colleges stand out and differentiate themselves. In June, I will be speaking internationally in Istanbul, Turkey on the Power of Innovation. This international group is looking for ways to be more innovative during these economic times. I look forward to all of these upcoming presentations and key notes, Emily and I will be sure to include thoughts on our trek through Istanbul later in June. Some other events that you can catch me at include:
- March 26, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- March 27 and 28, The BIG THINK, KingBridge Centre, King City
- April 1, The City of Hamilton Public Works Department
- April 16, Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce AGM
- April 30 and May 1, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Career Colleges of Ontario
Friday, March 6, 2009
"THANKS SO MUCH FOR WAKING ME UP FROM A LONG NAP IN MY LIFE!!!!!
You are amazing and thank you once again."
"Thanks you for your nonspiritual boot camp this morning, by far the best I have seen! It really had me thinking about branding myself and my company."
"Gerry’s Branding Boot Camp should be a requisite at a local college or a university"
"Gerry is a fantastic speaker... held my attention, got audience participation, and inspired people to network"
Thursday, February 26, 2009
TV SHOW CASTING CALL at The BIG THINK March 27 and 28
Prominent and award-winning television producer Kevin Dunn of DunnMedia has joined forces with THE BIG THINK to seek out potential entrepreneurs, individuals or business owners
too be profiled in a new television series now in development.
Working with the senior partners of Redchair™ Branding, Gerry and Jean Visca, the show will follow companies and individuals who are going through the process of re- branding and personal development. Think you've got what it takes? Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be considered for this new TV series. Applications for this casting call will ONLY be handed out at The BIG THINK on March 28th.
To receive a copy of your application, please ensure you visit the “Google Me This Batman” concurrent session being presented by Kevin Dunn on Saturday morning, March 28.
Seating is limited for this inspirational event so ensure you register today at http://www.redchairbranding.com/ to be considered for this casting call.
Looking forward to seeing you on March 27.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- March 5th I am conducting a Branding Boot Camp In Mississauga through the Mississauga Chamber of Commerce
- March 27th and 28th I am at the BIG THINK in Toronto, KingBridge Centre together with Mike Lipkin and my team. Be a part of this event, you won't want to miss out on a chance to be with a host of amazing BIG THINKERS.
- March 26th I am speaking at the Canadian Events Perspective Magazine expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre as their luncheon key note.
- April 30th I am the key note speaker in Niagara Falls for the Ontario Association of Colleges. My topic is focused on how to brand a private college.
Stay tuned for more exciting events. Cheers.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Thank you to the Guelph Mercury for a great write up:
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Gerry Visca is focused on helping Mississauga GET CREATIVE, more in the Mississauga News
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/23985 I am looking forward to this upcoming Branding Boot Camp. Having grown up in Mississauga, I had the pleasure of attending TL Kennedy High School ans playing tennis at Cobblestone Courts and ORC. This is an incredible city with great growth potential. I look forward to March 5, 2009.
I am so pleased to be a part of more and more speaking opportunities across the country. I was interviewed on The Hamilton Spectator this week both in print and also on video. There are 50,000 speakers world-wide and my goal is to be an inspiration to action. This is my message to help people, businesses, entrepreneurs GET CREATIVE. This is an art, an action that must be taken by businesses today more than ever. During my talks, I focus on my 10 laws of Creativity:
1. Uncover Your Natural Ability
2. Condition Your Mind
3. Developing Your Personal Brand
4. Build Momentum
5. Collaborate and Attract
6. The Art of Differentiation
7. Become a Master Presenter
8. Create Your Own Opportunities
9. Visualization Affirmations Gratitude
10. Live Life with Passion
This week was extremely thought provoking and full of creative energy. We have all of our BIG THINK sponsors in place and on track for bringing 200 BIG THINKERS together on Mar 27 and 28 at our BIG THINK in Toronto. These are people, entrepreneurs and businesses that want more then ever to learn the tools to thrive in this new market place. They are arriving in bus loads, car pools full of excitement and energy. The big thinkers are not giving in, rather, they are thinking outside the white box, they are getting RED, fired up, inspired to take action and network with their peers. I personally look forward to interacting with each and everyone of them. I have devoted the next 14 days to meeting with over 1,000 people across the GTA illuminating them as to the value of being a part of the BIG THINK.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
My experience started with the bathroom, to my surprise, upon lifting the
toilet seat, I was greeted by what seemed to be the past occupants 'last
supper'. I immediately turned on the tap to wash my hands only to be sculled by
the 180 degree water. Unfortunately, it took 20 minutes for the cold water
to finally come on and cool my third degree burns. I decided to contact
the front desk, however, one would need a phone that actually worked! A long day
so I decided to hit the sack only to experience yet my final frontier with Room 645,
yes, the sheets and pillows were covered in hair and full of odours from what I
could only guess were the past 10 guests. I assume it was just easier for the
Chamber maid to make the bed as opposed to actually changing the
sheets. This may have something to do with the major migraine that I
experienced the morning of my presentation.
I will creatively inspire 1 million people who will in turn inspire 1 Billion world-wide. I am dedicated to perfecting my craft and my inner 'Picasso' which is to Creatively Inspire People to Action.
Some exciting things are happening over the next few weeks.
1. Look for the Hamilton Spectator on Sat. Jan.31 for a full page article by Meridith MacLeod, an excellent Business Reporter who interviewed me this past Monday.
2. The BIG THINK on Mar 27 and 28 has attracted a full line up of stellar sponsors, we want you there!
3. Feb 21, 2009, I will be inspiring 600 young professionals at the University of Guelph so be a part of this outstanding event and contact the Guelph Chamber of Commerce for more details.
4. I will be interviewed on Feb.2 in Guelph by the Magic 106.1 radio station also on Rogers TV in Guelph promoting the Guelph event.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Following the Port Hope Boot Camp I made my journey north to the town of CampbellFord in Trent Hills. This community is known for it's award-winning chocolate and cheese factory. I was impressed with the hospitality from Nancy and her amazing Chamber team. My inspirational words were well received by this intimate audience. There was even discussion about bringing our BIG THINK to serve both of these communities. Next week, I am off to sunny (and very cold) Timmins to inspire their community.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- Jan 21, 2009 Port Hope and Port Hills Chambers of Commerce
- Jan 29, 2009 Timmins Chamber of Commerce
- Feb. 21, 2009, Guelph Young Professionals Boot Camp
- Mar 5, 2009, Mississauga
- Mar 27 & 28, King City, THE BIG THINK
- May 12, 2009 New Market
Sat, Feb. 21, 2009, I am speaking to 600 young professionals in partnership with the Guelph Chamber of Commerce. The event will be hosted at the Rozanski Hall at the University of Guelph. I am extremely excited about the potential of this particular key note. This provides me and the community of Guelph, a unique opportunity to creatively inspire a large group of people who will in turn become inspirational ambassadors.
March 27 & 28, 2009, I am speaking with Mike Lipkin at our first BIG THINK event in King City.
I look forward to Creatively Inspiring you in 2009 and helping you reach your full potential. I am focused at providing you with the tools and the motivation to help you uncover your unique ability and start to create your desired life.