Off to Snowy Timmins


I was impressed when the community of Timmins asked me to come out and deliver an inspiring Boot Camp to their Business Owners. Like many other travellers, I was held up at the Toronto Airport for over 5 hours pending my trip in a small propeller plane to Timmins on Wednesday, January 27 via Air Canada JAZZ. Once I arrived in Timmins, a surprisingly pleasant flight I might add (after they finally got the propellers to work), I was greeted by Steven, a great guy with the Timmins Chamber of Commerce who shuttled me to my Hotel, The Days Inn (that is a whole story itself, Room 645, beware!) I delivered a high-impact key note to the Timmins Business Community. They were an excellent group, completely transformed and illuminated with my creative energy. In the back of my mind, I was contemplating how much I loved that our TV producer would be pitching our TV show in Washington this weekend. I enjoyed a book signing following my event and an excellent interview with a local reporter.
Now for any of my friends visiting the Days Inn in Timmins, let me warn you now to avoid room 645. I cannot speak for the rest of the rooms only for this one.
My experience started with the bathroom, to my surprise, upon lifting the
toilet seat, I was greeted by what seemed to be the past occupants 'last
supper'. I immediately turned on the tap to wash my hands only to be sculled by
the 180 degree water. Unfortunately, it took 20 minutes for the cold water
to finally come on and cool my third degree burns. I decided to contact
the front desk, however, one would need a phone that actually worked! A long day
so I decided to hit the sack only to experience yet my final frontier with Room 645,
yes, the sheets and pillows were covered in hair and full of odours from what I
could only guess were the past 10 guests. I assume it was just easier for the
Chamber maid to make the bed as opposed to actually changing the
sheets. This may have something to do with the major migraine that I
experienced the morning of my presentation.
Aside from room 645, the Days Inn front desk and restaurant staff were superb, unfortunately, I do not think I will be returning to Room 645 anytime soon.
Moving forward, there are several Ontario communities are interested in having us bring our inspirational BIG THINK events to their community. I have personally touched over 55,000 people to date. These people have gone onto inspire thousands of others. I have seen new authors emerge, new business entrepreneurs and existing businesses re-ignited with a new sense of purpose. When we all come together, great things can and will happen.

I will creatively inspire 1 million people who will in turn inspire 1 Billion world-wide. I am dedicated to perfecting my craft and my inner 'Picasso' which is to Creatively Inspire People to Action.

Some exciting things are happening over the next few weeks.
1. Look for the Hamilton Spectator on Sat. Jan.31 for a full page article by Meridith MacLeod, an excellent Business Reporter who interviewed me this past Monday.
2. The BIG THINK on Mar 27 and 28 has attracted a full line up of stellar sponsors, we want you there!
3. Feb 21, 2009, I will be inspiring 600 young professionals at the University of Guelph so be a part of this outstanding event and contact the Guelph Chamber of Commerce for more details.
4. I will be interviewed on Feb.2 in Guelph by the Magic 106.1 radio station also on Rogers TV in Guelph promoting the Guelph event.

Comments

Popular Posts