I had the pleasure of being a part of a great event, The BIG THINK. Our team really pulled it off, kudos to the Redchair team and our sponsors. The planning, the execution and the key note speaking was spot on! March 27 and 28 will go down in history as a pivotal point in many of the attendees lives. Our goal was to inspire them to action and educate them on thriving in 2009. I arrived at King Bridge Centre exhausted and exhilarated from my previous key note in Toronto on March 26 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I was mentally and physically prepared to creatively inspire over the next 2 days. My team was focused and did a masterful job at setting up for the event the Thursday evening. Friday morning arrived at 5:00am, Emily and I started the day with a jog around their indoor running track. My blood was pumping and visions of an excited and inspired audience danced around my mind as I completed my 5th lap. The guests started arriving at 8:30 and I was on at 10:00am after being introduced my Adam Shields of the Business Link. From 10:00 - 12:00 I focused on creatively inspiring my audience with my ten laws of creative excellence. I will take a moment to summarize my laws here:
- Uncover your natural ability, we all have a core genius inside of us, put on this earth for a reason, uncover your inner genius and align all of your actions into doing what you should be doing.
- Condition your mind, once you start to understand that what you know has greater impact than what you have been taught in the past, you will start to attract the things you want most. The brain processes over 4 billion thoughts a day, your mind can only process 2,000 of them, so start to recondition your subconscious mind to focus on what you want most.
- Create your own opportunities, don't wait for the opportunities to find you, go after them, align your actions with the things you want to create and start creating them now. This is your time, get excited and inspire others around you, focus on creating your life rather than defining your past life. Today is a whole new day, so start now.
- Employ visualization and affirmations, a great way to shift your creative energy is to start focusing on what you are most grateful for. As you start to manifest the things you are focused on, be grateful for receiving it. Use the power of affirmations on a daily basis and focus on the end result.
- Develop your personal brand, focus on developing your own personal brand, what do you want people to feel about you? What are the characteristics and emotions that you want to leave people with?
- Build momentum, the key to kick start anything is to kick start it! Don't get caught up in over analyzing everything. Avoid letting yourself get in the way. Declare your intention and go after it, build momentum and get others around you engaged.
- Collaborate and attract, you don't have to do it all on your own, use the power of collaboration to become even better than you currently are. Surround yourself with positive, creative and inspiring people.
- Differentiate, when everyone else ZIGS this is the time for you to ZAG. Do whatever it takes to stand out, don't conform, re think everything, challenge opportunities. Be remembered as an individual or business that stands out. Focus on standing out and building awareness.
- Become a master presenter, you have the power to engage and motivate your audience. Be present and focus on inspiring them to action. Your words have the power to transform so make every conversation meaningful and make it matter.
- Live life with passion, you have one life to live, so start living it with passion and enthusiasm. Achieve balance in all aspects of your life, focus on you and what you want most.
“Gerry Visca is well known as an emerging creative speaker that helps people and businesses raise their level of creativity. We are so pleased to have had him as our key note speaker.”
Sheldon Leiba, President/CEO, Mississauga Board of Trade
“Anyone in Gerry’s session is going to walk away with a higher level of confidence in their own capabilities. Gerry get’s people to think about what their raw talents are. Gerry get you to ‘actionize’ on our unique talents and untapped opportunities”
Ellen McGregor, 2009 Chair Mississauga Board of Trade
“Energy is the corner stone of every presenter and the Mississauga audience got their money’s worth with Gerry Visca”
David Wojcik, TV Producer, Business in Motion
“Gerry Visca is so full of energy and great at waking and energizing his audience. I’ve never seen a speaker inspire an audience like Gerry Visca”
Soniya Ojha, Mississauga Board of Trade
“Gerry doesn’t worry about thinking inside or outside a box, there is no box with this guy! He knows how to awaken your inner passion”
Marie Fitzpatrick-Hall, City of Mississauga
Gerry Visca is an incredible motivator and genuine leader. He has the ability to inspire others and is an amazing networker. He strives on bringing others together and does very well at establishing connections. At the Big Think Event Gerry spoke to his audience with great ease and kept us all on our toes. I will definitely attend more of his events in the future!
Miranda McKenna, Real Estate Sales Representative Royal LePage Estate Realty Brokerage 2