I had a great interview yesterday with Pete Mitchell of Panorama Magazine in Burlington. The topic was on Social Media, Web 2.0. I focused on the branding of social media and how it can positively contribute your marketing mix and in building your personal brand. I am huge fan and advocate of Social media when used in a positive context. It is a great way to connect with the world in a very efficient and streamlined manner. It cuts through the noise and helps you get your message out with impact. Some of the tips that I discussed in my media interview include:
- Consider reaching a new and larger/organic audience with the use of social media.
- Unlike Web 1.0, which focused on lectures, Web 2.0 focuses on collaboration and opinion. So start improving the conversation. With Web 2.0, you don't control the message, anyone can shape it.
- Web 2.0 is an online platform that allows users to share insights, experiences and perspectives.
- The new communication model is about allowing your audience to provide feedback and insights.
- Web 2.0 is shaping brands, it is allowing users to define the experience about your brand so stop trying to control the message but rather focus on improving the message.
- One of the best ways to shepherd your brand online is to actively listen and participate to the conversation.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this post, please share your insight with others.