I just returned from a week stay in Istanbul where I delivered a full day workshop on Innovation and Creativity to an inspired group on companies. What an exciting trip. My first trip to Istanbul and hopefully not my last. I was inspired by the country, the host, Meltem and her amazing hospitality and professionalism. This is an amazing country and I would encourage anyone to visit this magical place. We arrived on Sunday May 31 after a 11 hour long flight with a connection in Amsterdam. The jet lag was pretty intense and we were wiped on the Monday. After sleeping for several hours, we enjoyed an evening of Turkish food at a local cafe. We spent all day Tuesday at the famous Blue Mosque and the infamous Grand Bizarre in Istanbul. This ancient land is full of incredible surprises not to mention Star Bucks! Instead of my usual double espresso, I went with a jolt of Turkish Coffee. Wednesday consisted of a full day workshop on the power of Innovation and Creativity to Thrive in today's marketplace. The session was framed around my 10 laws of creativity with amazing and focused content on Innovation and key principles and case studies from the top innovation companies.
- Innovation is inspired by ambition
- Innovation begins with optimism
If you are a business leader, wake up! Innovation begins with you. We await your call, your fighting spirit, and your belief in progress and possibility. The best ideas for innovation come from innovating outside of the box by challenging convention, the very place that you now stand.
My message and take-away for the delegates can be summarized as follows:
- What are you recognized for? What makes you Innovative?
- What is your largest barrier to Innovation?
- What is unique that you need to cultivate within your organization?
- What is your passion and your purpose?
- What are your top expected outcomes?
- What one thing could you do that would bring you to your next level of greatness?