Today's a new day, a fresh start for some inspired thinking around how to reinvent yourself. It's a lot easier than you think. Just look at your life now, where you live, how you are being, who you live with, the debt you may have accumulated and the job that you are in. Somehow, you managed to attract all of it. You were not forced into it. You thought the thoughts, took the actions and created all of your outcomes. Once you become aware of this internal power, you will see that you are the creator of your life. You can choose to continue down the same path that you have been on or you can choose to reinvent yourself this summer making the next 24 months a whole different series of outcomes.
There are essentially 5 strategies that you can start committing to doing now over the next 30 days. They are simple and highly effective at influencing your habits. Once you understand that your habits influence your behaviour which ultimately affects your attitude, you will be able to reinvent yourself. The greatest common denominator among all successful people is the replacement of older habits with really great ones that propel their life forward.
1. MEDITATE: every single morning the minute you wake up. It's the first thing you do. Do not check email, leave your phone in another room. Sit in complete stillness on the floor, legs crossed, eyes closed and breathe in and out and just fixate on one object like a flower or waterfall. Block out any other images that attempt to enter your mind. This daily activity practiced and mastered will bring you greater levels of inner-peace and strength you need.
2. WAKE UP EARLIER: this is essential to reconditioning your mind when creating a new success habit. Upto this point, you have created a series of rituals and routines that will be difficult to manipulate at the start. Waking up one hour earlier will give you newfound time dedicated to the creation of new success habits. As soon as your alarm goes off the key is to roll out of bed immediately, do not hit the snooze button. Have a glass of water at your bedside and drink it immediately when you wake up. It will have the same effect as a cup of coffee. The night before start going to bed one hour earlier so you don't loose any sleep.
3. AVOID WATCHING TV BEFORE BED. as you strive to create a new success habit you want to avoid watching TV before bed. This stimulates your mind and prevents you from having a more restful sleep. Replace that habit with reading a very gentle book or journaling some of your thoughts from the day. You can also drift off to sleep listening to a three minute meditation audio program as a great way to transition your mind from unrest to a very restful state.
4. THANK EVERYONE as part of your reinvention it is necessary to express new levels of gratitude in absolutely everyone and everything around you. Many of us have conditioned ourselves to focus inward without really seeing the miracles around us. Higher levels of gratitude will really allow you to shift your mindset. Start with thanking five people a day for just being there for you.
5. MAKE A LIST most people will never write down what it is that they truly want. The ones that manage to write down their goals will never look at them on a daily basis. The key is to visually connect what it is that you truly are striving for and see it on a daily basis. By posting your top 5 goals or milestones, you will be encouraged to take daily action on what you want to create most.
This is your time to think about your life, what you want to experience and how you want to live. Just imagine your life in 24 months, it can be totally different and filled with greater levels of health, peace, creativity and abundance. Your reinvention starts now.