See your goals as milestones and check points along your inspired journey of getting from where you currently are to where you want to be. Most people will never contemplate the bigger picture of their life. The ones that's do will never write out their goals for fear of not being able to actually acheive them. The ones that manage to write them down avoid reviewing them on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The reason we need to create goals is they become an energy, a life force that connects our daily actions to the bigger picture of our life. When I was in the field of Architecture, goal setting was the only way we could ever acheive the end result. With over 10,000 action steps and pieces, goal setting kept the whole team connected and on track. Athletes use goal setting as an effective way to train for their bigger end goal which is typically 5 years out in the future.
Today, create 1 realistic and timely goal to be achieved within the next 90 days for the following 5 areas of your life:
1. Your Health: What new levels of energy do you wish to create?
2. Your Personal Development: What new levels of growth to do you want to acheive for yourself?
3. Your Finances: How can you take charge and 100% responsibility for your life?
4. Your Relationship: What do you want to experience?
5. Your Career: How can you be your own driver?
Today, post these goals in 5 visible locations and review them on a daily basis. Take action on them and see them as already complete. Feel good about being the architect of you life. You are one step closer to creating and living the bigger picture of your life.