The Fire


I wanted to share with you all my speech to kick off the Upper Canada College (UCC) The Terry Fox Foundation run today. Thank you Jen Shin
I call it: THE FIRE
 
What does Terry Fox represent for you?
Why do you run?
You know what his life force means to me? That we are all connected and we are all one! We are here to elevate the human race and make it thrive.
For me, Terry Fox represents [THE FIRE] that burns inside of us all.
He represents PASSION: The things that bring us joy. PURPOSE: How will you serve the world?
Together, they create the outcomes we are all seeking.
Together they create the [THE FIRE] that stirs our dragons.

Terry Fox created a legacy that still burns brightly in our hearts.
What is your fire?
What will you run for?
What will the world say about you years from now?
Will your passion scorch the skies?
Will your purpose light the way?

If my 17 year-old daughter Sophie were standing beside me she would say don't ever stop dreaming. Don't settle and never stop living your passion.

Last year at this time she wanted to run but she was laying in a hospital bed fighting for her life and with her FIRE fighting stage 3 cancer. She chose to run and kick cancer in the ass!

You run for her. For all of us. For a world free of DIS-EASE. Inside of you is a fire. We need to hear you roar.
So stand up and stretch your arms out high and bellow out with passion and purpose: I HAVE A FIRE...I HAVE A FIRE...I HAVE A FIRE.
#whyguy

Comments

Popular Posts