Sounds of a Sunrise

What is the sound that a sunrise creates? 

For the past 48 years of my life I lived completely unaware of this miraculous experience . For the past several months I've conditioned a new habit of listening with the intent to understand the sounds of a sunrise. 

It starts off with a cool mist slowly hovering along the surface of the lake. You can hear the ripples of the distant waves. You can hear the crickets as they conduct their final crescendo. As the earth rotates it makes way for the first glimpse of the great ball of fire far in the distance...our sun. 

The earth is greeted by a faint fluttering from the wings of angels. I witness the sounds of geese flowing in unison along the surface of the water as if to be taking their seats in the audience. 

 The majestic ball of fire bursts through the horizon with a peaceful thrust. Children's laughter chime in the wind. The water greets the rocky shore with a thundering kiss. 

The leaves on the trees that shelter me smile as they sway in the wind. Suddenly it's as if all the sounds of the universe harmoniously flow as one heart beat. 
One song. 
One life.
One light that fills my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts