More than just a Grande

I love connecting with people face to face and heart to heart. Yesterday I was ordering a refill of Pike Place roast from one of the Starbucks that I like to write and create at. The lady that was serving me didn't look up at me - she simply asked to get a beverage going and I looked at her and asked her name and how she was doing today. You would think from her reaction that I had one eye or something. She felt the question was irrelevant and simply wanted to exchange commerce - get me a drink and receive the pay for it. I think it's a good thing for her that I was not Howard Schultz - the founder of Starbubks considering that the essence of this brand is about creating an experience for others. I made it a point to express to her that I really wanted her to know that I was genuinely interested in how she was doing. 

Hey I get it, we are all busy and stuck in our own lives just trying to get by. We rarely start a day thinking about others since we're to dam busy worrying about what others think of us. Where would we all be in this 'connection' age if we stopped connecting with one another on the things that really matter? What we do today will influence the next 5 to 10 years of our lives. When we ALL choose to communicate via machines and devices we no longer connect with peoples hearts.  I'm not saying I have it all figured out but I do know this - everything I do everyday is always focused on connecting with peoples hearts. Whether it's my inspired publications or my inspirational talks with audiences or just supporting my freedom team - I always strive to celebrate their greatness in the moment. Choosing to see the world as a daily grind will only get you so far - I choose to savour the moment and to know what's in your heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts