Gerry Hits Peterborough during the first Snow Fall

According to my editor, Emily Mylks, (who is not just my editor, but also my GF) she wants me to share some insights into my exciting life. Let' start with the past week, my new speaking career is starting to flourish. The Chambers of Commerce have been scheduling me as a key-note speaker for their branding boot camps. Since Oct.2008 I have spoken to over 450 people in Hamilton, Whitby, Owen Sound and most recently Peterborough.
The trek to Peterborough on Nov.20 had to be the most memorable. A 4-hour drive throuh Ontario's first snow fall. Usually this drives takes an hour and a half, 4 hours of stop and go traffic, white outs along the dark highway 115. The only thing that kept me sane was Emily sending me friendly texts every 10 minutes. (I should not be reading as I am driving, so I am told!) I finally arrived at 9:30pm to a warm hospitality at the Holiday Inn. In my room was a plate of snacks and a pitcher full of beer and ice from the local chamber. All I wanted to do was watch a movie, unfortunately, this feature was disabled on the TV so I called down and got them to fix it. And now I could relax with my beer and snacks while watching Step Brothers. Boy, what a laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts