Keep it Simple



 
"You don't need to know what the hell you are doing!
You just need to simplify."
~ Gerry Visca

When did we allow complexity to dictate our lives? When did it become acceptable to live with a sense of overwhelm? Were our ancestors not raised with the mentality that less is truly more? I think perhaps our modern world may have lost its way in the pursuit of more.  
Simplicity is about developing the capacity to savour less.  Ask yourself these questions as you strive to simplify all areas of your life:
1. Where and how do you want to live?  
2. What is your perfect day?  
3. Where and how do you want to spend your time?
4. What are the things that give you the greatest joy?

As I write these words, the Tuscan Bells of Montespertoli chime 9 times signaling 9:00am.  I just finished a long contemplative walk through the olive groves. I converse with the trees as they seem to rise and greet the morning sun. I witness a lovely lady smiling at me from her balcony as she joyfully tends to her herbs.  She greets me with a simple 'Bonjourno' (good morning). 

My life partner Angela and I decided to return to the hills of Tuscany for a consecutive year. I feel deeply rooted in these lands much like the olive trees as if I am one with the soil. My mother grew up in Italy, a few hours away from this simple paradise.

This return visit marked a memorable milestone. We celebrated the launch of my new novel "Remembering Why" A Wondrous Journey to Why We Exist. This is the first transformational novel in my 16-book repertoire.  
The words were inspired by my experiences in Tuscany last year and the enormity of the events that followed. The title "Remembering Why" appears even more fitting as I simply soak in all the senses that this heavenly place offered me. It reminded me just how brilliant and brief life truly is.  

"We need to continually stretch ourselves and become fascinated with the world around us." ~ Gerry Visca

My 48 year journey on this earth has been a wondrous journey learning how to develop the capacity to savour less. Everyone of us has been presented with a treasure, the gift of limited time. We have a choice to begin to remove the enormous 'complexity' we have unconsciously piled onto our lives. There is a light at the top of the heap. We can decide to allocate our life force to ONLY the things that light us up with joy.  

Simplifying your life begins with choosing to consciously throw out all the garbage in your mind through a daily practice of clearing the mind.  The deeper levels of peace and fulfillment that all of man kind is ultimately seeking will emerge when we simplify the contents of our mind. 

You are the only one that can choose to do the inner work, step into living these questions and become aware of your higher self but you have to start deconstructing (breaking down and disassembling what no longer serves you) in all aspects of your life. 
It's funny, we are never taught this at a young age or any age for that matter. We are immersed in a society that strives to consume and pursue more. We have forgotten our true purpose which is to elevate the human race and that my friends will come about when we choose to BE (as in we are human beings) as opposed to unconsciously living as human DOings. 

We have somehow allowed life to pile more crap upon us. Instead of living and creating life on our terms we choose to bog ourselves down with endless TO-DO lists that bog down our minds and keep us from focusing on only the things that truly matter.     

Life is meant to be lived through greater levels of passion and purpose. Together, these two energies truly create the meaningful outcomes we are all seeking: a path to inner peace, harmony and fulfillment.   
I hope this #whytime inspires you to live the rest of your days with a greater sense of urgency for the one life you've been given. 

Comments

Popular Posts