Under the Influence


It's a rainy Tuesday yet for me the light is burning brighter than ever. I love Tuesdays! 


I just sent my 15th book to the press this afternoon. It's my second autobiography called: INFLUENCE. 


I decided to celebrate by watching the new Wonder Woman flick for the second time. It's how I feel about the 11 Women featured in my new book. They have honoured me with the gift of telling their story. 


In the later part of 2016 my 16 year old daughter was undergoing chemotherapy and fighting Stage 3 Cancer. As I sat next to her for months I was editing my first autobiography titled: BIG DREAMERS.  


I've been deeply drawn to inspiring autobiographies. I just can't seem to get enough. I don't think we have to wait until we're famous or dead to have someone publish our life story. There is a super hero living inside each one of us waiting to soar into the skies. 


As an author and novelist I've come to the realization that we all have a story inside and when we share it the world is aware of our deeper existence. 


Witnessing my daughter's courage this past year reminded me that life is so brilliant but so brief! We live as if we have all the time in the world to define our lives when the truth of the matter is we don't!


INFLUENCE represents a significant milestone in my life. Around 2007, I had a powerful intention to exist as an inspiration to others. 


Even though I had left the field of architecture to create my own branding and marketing company in 1999, I was compelled to create a meaningful legacy of inspiring people and their ideas to action.  


Well 15 books later (actually 16 as my first novel: Remembering Why hits the shelves next month) I am living the intention that I set out years ago.  


As I reflect back on this journey I feel as if my all-knowing future self was pulling me out of the darkness and into my true light.


I first conceived the INFLUENCE project over 3 years ago but like a great bottle of red wine it needed the right amount of time before being uncorked.  


The 11 Women that I attracted into this wondrous undertaking allowed me to take them on an inspiring journey of influence. It's their passion that truly rocks this book.  


So as I prepare to sit back and enjoy Gal Gadot's stellar performace as Wonder Woman yet again, I'm in awe of the 'Wonder' of my life.  


Thank you for dreaming big with me and thank you for being an influence in my inspiring life.  

Comments

Popular Posts