Your last breath

The average person takes about 16 breaths per minute and if you manage to live until your 80 you would have taken 672,768,000 breaths in your lifetime. 

It's something we take for granted.  Something so effortless we don't even need to think about it - it's just there, our breath.  

It's only recently where I've started to really pay attention to my breath.  The sound, the connection to my mind and my heart as I strive to become one with it.  The more attention I give it the more it seems to become an energy force that surrounds me.  

I think about all of the millions of people who came before us and offered there 672,768,000 breaths in their lifetime. How did their life force impact us? Are we a part of their energy, their hopes and dreams.  

With every breath we take our body is filled with life.  The body gives way to your breath and our breath gives way to our life.  When we follow our breath from the start right through to completion a sense of calm surrounds us.  We are no longer separate from one another.  

With every breath I take I feel my life and the deeper contribution I'm making to the generations that will follow.  I am one with this earth, never alone and always connected.  

Make every breath meaningful as you move about your day.  Feel it coursing through you.  Pause and take in the wonder that is you.  When you find yourself feeling alone...remember, just breathe.  


Comments

Popular Posts