Carve out the time

Have you decided what you want to create most in your life?  Where and how you wish to live?  To make anything happen you need to carve out the time.  

I love to get creative with chunking out time. I call it GET CLEAR - it's a method I developed several years ago that helps you block out your week vertically by incorporating themes.  

Ok so why is this important? Here's the thing, if you don't carve out the time then you won't make the time.  The key to success is to develop the capacity to supercharge the moment.  You do that by freeing up the distractions in your mind. Blocking and theming your days of the week clears the space and the energy from thinking about what needs to get done.  When the moment arrives you are ready to rock the moment.  

For example, I block out Mondays for really powerful stuff called DRIVE & DREAM.  Every Monday I'm focused only on bigger picture thinking - no calls and no emails.  Friday's are powerful writing days, no social media, calls or emails!  As a 13 time author with a goal of publishing another 20 or so books I need a full day of immersion in my writing. The rest of the week is themed to focus on the key areas of my passion and purpose. I make time ONLY for what matters most: Publishing, Coaching & Speaking.  

It doesn't have to be perfect.  It's an organic process that you can tweak as you go along.  The key is to be very intentional with making the time for ONLY what matters most.  Ask yourself in the moment: What is most important right now?  Stick with your schedule for at least 90 days so your brain can rewire itself and accept this new behaviour and that's what it's all about, replacing older conditioned habits with a few stellar success habits.  

Every morning at 5:00am I super charge my performance with an hour of power: 30 minutes of deep meditation and visualization followed by 30 min of physical activity.  Then I write, publish and share an inspiring blog. 

Decide what you want most, take powerful action and carve out the time to go get it!

Comments

Popular Posts