Meaning over Matter

Why are you here? What are you meant to be and do in this world? How do you create and define a meaning for yourself. Why does meaning even matter? Over 80% of people in the world feel that they have no control over their life. They are inundated with the matter of life - the physical reality of the everyday. It occupies almost 95% of their thoughts and influences their choices and their belief systems. Living with meaning is about living a purposeful life. It's knowing that every action is consciously leading and contributing to a greater whole.  I don't know about you but I want to be here NOW knowing that I am making a difference and living a life of contribution. I want my 2 daughters to have a sense of urgency for their lives. I want those around me to feel and sense my passion and purpose for inspiring the world to action. I want my love Angela to know what breathing with her has meant to me. 

During this month of December matter will appear to be even more of a priority. The bells, whistles, twinkling lights and colourful packages will easily distract us from what really matters. For me it's about creating meaning for us all by Reaching Out and Inspiring others to taste and savour the miracles of life. Meaning is all around us, it may not come in a shinny package but it's there and if you strive to identify it and nurture it in yourself and in others it will be the greatest gift of all. 

Today live knowing WHY.
 

Comments

Popular Posts