A Freedom Philosophy

I started out my career in the field of architecture over 20 years ago thinking that this type of specialized work would lead to fortune and freedom. I quickly found myself working 12-15 hour days never seeing my family so I decided to create my own marketing company in 1999 and pursue a life as an entrepreneur. After years of chasing down thousands of projects and clients I came to the realization that I was now working for my staff and putting their needs before mine. Fast forward to 2007 when I decided to focus on my passion - to inspire people and their ideas to action. This intention led me to meeting Jack Canfield - the co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul Series and he mentored me on the power of time and money and having it work for me instead of the other way around. So many of us are taught to goto school, get a great education, find a job and work hard. The so called experts then tell us to get a house and pay your mortgage off as soon as possible and hey while you're at it, load up on as much RRSP's as possible. Here is what I have come to know - the path to freedom will never be the result of you working at a job 9-5 every single day. Life is way to short and the last thing I want to experience is going to a job in the dark and coming home in the dark or constantly chasing down the next project. 

It's time for the world to support a new freedom model for everyone. A path to freedom requires an understanding of the need to have multiple income streams in your life such as: investment, passive and residual incomes. Over 95% of people will never experience true freedom as a result of having only one linear income that requires them to exchange their time for money. See money as a life energy. Why would you give over 95% of your energy to making someone else wealthy - ie working for a boss day in and day out, worrying that you might make a mistake, you might get laid off or fired as a result of a poor performance review. You are worth so much more than that. I know what most of you are thinking - I love my job and my job loves me right? Well that's all great but what happens when downsizing kicks in or when the economy takes a downturn and your boss needs to make cuts - guess what you become a number. The path to freedom is taking 100% responsibility for YOUR life by creating and incorporating multiple streams of income you are then putting yourself onto a path of creating true profits which will always lead to fortune. Wages may help you temporarily create and sustain a lifestyle but incorporating smarter income streams like investment, passive and residual helps take time and money out of the equation and gets money working for you and not the other way around. 

Look at your life and the outcomes and start asking yourself how do you want to live? Who do you want to be and more importantly where do you want to allocate your precious energy?  

Comments

Popular Posts