STAY FOCUSED

Many of my past clients, colleagues and friends have undergone a significant transformation over the past couple of years. Some for personal reasons, others for business (some for both). Whatever the story life has a funny way at throwing things our way. This is the time to remain focused and clear on your life goals. What you may see as negative change is actually a positive move forward and just the universe re-alligning itself to clear a path for you. Recognize these feelings of uncertainty and accept this change as a postive transformation of yourself. You are starting to become the person that you want to be. This is the time to re-examine your life goals:

Career:
What is it that you want to do with your life? What is your passion and your purpose. What do you exist? What brings you the most joy that you can see yourself doing it every single day?

Relationships + Family:
What do you want in a partner? How do you want to feel when you are with this person? Describe your ideal relationship in every way. What are your expectations from your current partner? How can you both strengthen the relationship? Perhaps you need to move yourself forward?

Personal Goals:
What is it that you want to acheive for yourself? Perhaps it is transforming your body? Running a marathon? Visiting a third world country? Writing a book or learning how to cook? This is your time and your opportunity to nurture your soul and yourself.

I set a personal goal over 2 years ago to transform myself: I wanted to become a writer, a top inspirational speaker, loose weight, have a healthier diet and inspire others for a living. I wanted to creatively transform myself. I took action and I am well on the way, my journey has just begun. I continue to live my life being thankful for everything in my life and everyone in it. Many of us get swept up in the daily routine of life and loose ourselves to it. We try and be everything that our partner wants us to be and in the process we start to loose sight of friends, people and the things that mean the most to us. One of my biggest challenges is trying to find a way to integrate all of my past experiences and friendships with my present. Sadly I have a tendency to shut the world out when I am in a relationship.

Recognize what it is that holds you back and develop innovative strategies for moving yourself forward. No one expects you to give more than you already do. No one will judge you for looking inward and focusing on your needs, desires and personal goals. You are the only one that can take care of you, this is your life and your responsibility to nuture your career and your relationships in order to experience the results that you are looking for. This is your opportunity to uncover your passion and do what you love. This is your time to drive change for yourself and take the first step in creating your life.

As you approach the next few months of 2010 my wish for you is to develop a plan for who you want to become in 2011 and the change that you want most for yourself.

I wish you all the best.

Comments

Popular Posts